For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we'll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We're fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We are on the hunt for a Junior or Intermediate Systems Engineer - Signals Processing, at our Richmond, BC, Canada office, to be a part of the next generation of Earth Observations space missions.
From detecting changes in fragile ecosystems to monitoring northern ice floes and shipping routes, our near-real time Earth observation data makes our Geointelligence team a leader in geospatial imagery, ground stations, enterprise geospatial systems and defence programs. You will join our remote sensing team that has 30+ years of experience delivering commercial and government projects such as RADARSAT-2, RapidEye, Sapphire, CASSIOPE, RADARSAT Constellation Mission and now the CHORUS Constellation of SAR satellites.
This is a role suited for an ambitious young professional wanting to solve complex problems and develop novel algorithms that contribute to the betterment of our world. You will contribute to our world leading Synthetic Aperture Radar processors by developing novel signal processing algorithms that generate high value imagery and real-time actionable intelligence for our customers.
As a Junior or Intermediate Systems Engineer - Signals Processing, you may have a wide range of responsibilities that include:
- Contribute to the development of novel signal processing algorithms to push the boundaries of SAR resolution, swath width, Moving Target Indication (MTI) and more;
- Participate in trade-off studies and support prototyping to ensure algorithms are implementable on real hardware (processor and radar HW);
- Perform bug fixes, maintenance and enhancements on existing SAR processor models/algorithms (MATLAB or Python);
- Contribute to analyses and models to predict algorithm performance;
- Investigate and troubleshoot signal processing errors or induced artefacts in final image products;
- Generates clear and thorough written reports documenting complex algorithms and technical performance; and
- Work within a large collaborative team and contribute to achieving team objectives.
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Math, Physics, or a combination of related education and experience;
- Knowledge of signal processing principles and techniques;
- Ability to work with MATLAB, Python or C++;
- Self-starter with the ability to perform in a dynamic working environment;
- Possess excellent problem solving skills; and
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- A post-graduate degree in a field involving complex signal processing;
- Appreciation of radar principles, applications and signal processing techniques;
- Appreciation and understanding of modern software development methodologies;
- Ability to work with VHDL or Verilog;
- Ability to work with geospatial data; and
- Ability to learn new technologies and space borne remote sensing domain knowledge quickly.
We're a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you're excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we'll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA's and Canada's leadership in this next golden age.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the RELIABILITY status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP).
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.