You love working with teams to ensure they are focused, well organized and getting everything they need to deliver great work. You act as a force multiplier for the teams you help manage. You enjoy working with Producers to prioritize work, manage risks, and plan out different scenarios. A natural leader, you are perceptive, persuasive and exercise radical candor to support your teams. You have experience working with technical and non-technical people. Most importantly, you have an authentic passion to support people with their career development and look for ways to motivate them to deliver the best games in the industry.
You will be part of a high-performing team where individuals are constantly encouraged to voice out their ideas and opinions. You'll help us build and operate great games through interaction with team members, peers, and product leadership. You'll enjoy elevating the team members to grow, learn, and deliver phenomenal work.
Here's what you can expect to do:
- Roadmap - area of focus: Custodian of Release Milestones / Green-light process for assigned project and how these evolve with lower-level milestone goal successes/failures . Mentors and advises project-assigned DDs/PMs on tactics surrounding managing the schedule
- Risks: Spots risks and dependencies well in advance and actively tracks and mitigates them within project or shared function. Plans for contingency
- Conflict Assessment and Resolution: Proactively identifies and resolves conflicts between schedule, staffing, technology and design objectives within project
- Budget and Resources: Works with business leadership to develop high-level project constraints - genre, budget, expertise, dates, strategy
- Functional Workflows: Works cross-project to customize and optimize functional workflows and approval steps based upon institutional wisdom
- Quality: Interfaces with directors and EPs to calibrate project success metrics
- KPIs: Moves the team from one project or release phase to the next while ensuring a strong focus on quality, collaboration and communication. Collaborates with Producer to establish KPIs by which to measure phase success
- Business Review: Presenter at Business Review / Phase Gate reviews
- Career Management: Manages careers and performance of a variety of disciplines including software engineers and DD's franchise wide (within 1 business unit)
- Project Communication: Interacts primarily with cross-project leadership groups, multi-project. Facilitates meetings and action items
- Comp and Hiring: Provides or contributes to annual reviews and compensation planning. Has hiring and performance management responsibility for direct and indirect reportsTeam Health: Accountable for project team capacity and health
- Craft Excellence: Drives quality and integrity of the Development Director discipline within the organization. Facilitates staff development programs
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for:
- 10+ years of similar experience working in a tech company (preferably gaming) of a medium to large size; Bachelor's Degree or above; additional Project Management certification preferred.
- Game Experience: Direct experience leading all major game phases (e.g. concept, pre-production, production, live production)
- Org Design: Experience designing feature team roles, reporting relationships, and sourcing company-leading candidates
- Communication: Communicates in a clear, concise and professional manner with all levels of internal staff and external technology partners as applicable; influences the team to achieve project goals. Influences strategic and other issues which affect the business internally and externally
- Collaboration: Drives collaboration effectively with others in the same discipline, across feature groups and cross-discipline on a regular basis; works closely with game leadership team
- Leadership: Shares expertise across disciplines in the studios; Mentors within the team. May supervise the activities of others. Sets the tone for positive team culture and contributes to great culture at Kabam
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn't perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam's games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple's Editor's Choice and Google Play's Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in North America, including Vancouver and Montreal in Canada, and Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.