Who We Are:
At Xenon Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:XENE), we are committed to providing a brighter future for patients suffering from neurological disorders. Our employees are smart, passionate, dedicated, and driven by their incredibly important work to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines for patients in need. We are looking for great people who thrive in a respectful, collaborative, inclusive, and productive culture to join the Xenon team.
What We Do:
We are advancing an exciting pipeline of neurology-focused therapies, with a focus on commercializing novel treatments for epilepsy. Building upon the positive results and compelling data from our XEN1101 Phase 2b "X-TOLE" study in adult patients with focal epilepsy, our XEN1101 Phase 3 program includes studies in adult patients with focal onset seizures and primary generalized tonic clonic seizures. In addition, XEN1101 is being evaluated as a treatment for major depressive disorder in both a company-sponsored Phase 2 clinical trial, as well as an investigator-led proof-of-concept study. Xenon's proprietary, pediatric formulation of ezogabine, XEN496, is being studied in a Phase 3 clinical trial in young patients with KCNQ2-DEE, a rare and severe form of childhood epilepsy. We are also proud of the leading-edge science coming out of our discovery labs, where many innovative, early-stage research programs are underway. In addition to these proprietary programs, our pipeline includes clinical-stage partnered programs with valued collaborators. Backed by a strong balance sheet to support our growth plans, we continue to build a fully integrated, premier neuroscience company with strong discovery, clinical development, corporate, and commercial operations.
About the Role:
We are seeking an IT Support Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will assist in deploying and maintaining computer hardware, software installation and upgrades, help desk requests, and other tasks as assigned. Excellent communication skills, initiative, and the ability to troubleshoot technical problems, work well under pressure, learn quickly, and manage multiple issues concurrently are all required skills.
This position reports to the Manager, Information Technology and will be located in Vancouver, BC, Canada; we may consider other locations for an exceptional candidate.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for help desk requests and troubleshoot a wide range of computer hardware and software issues.
- Provide technical assistance and training to staff.
- Install, upgrade, and configure computer hardware, software, phones, printers, and peripheral equipment.
- Prepare IT equipment and set up accounts for new hires, conduct IT orientations when required.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of standard operating procedures, how-to documentation, and software/hardware inventories.
- Participate in monitoring of computer systems and networks for errors and misconfigurations, take corrective actions and notify other IT personnel of unresolved problems.
- Conduct all activities with attention to confidentiality and in compliance with regulatory requirements, professional values, and corporate policies.
- Act in accordance with Company policies, including, for example, the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and ensure policies are understood and followed by direct reports, if any.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or like field.
- 1-2 years' experience or equivalent education and experience.
- Aptitude for troubleshooting complex technical problems.
- Proficiency in working with and configuring Microsoft Windows.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Teams, Active Directory, Group Policy, and Linux.
- Knowledge of PowerShell, Python, SQL, cloud application programming interfaces (APIs) preferred.
- Previous experience with Microsoft management tools such as Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM / SCCM) or Intune.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work flexible hours: shifts will vary between starting at 6 AM and 9 AM PT.
To apply for this position, click Apply Now to complete the application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of applicants, only those chosen for interview will be contacted.