We're looking for a Wage Rate Officer to assist our Wage Rate setting unit with determining both short-term and long-term wage rate decisions. In this role, you'll use exceptional customer service skills to accurately establish and communicate wage rate decisions to clients both verbally and in writing. If you enjoy providing excellent, timely customer service in a compassionate and professional manner, consider applying!
How you'll make a difference: You'll connect people with the services and answers they need.
Where you'll work
At WorkSafeBC, we offer a hybrid work model that combines the convenience of working remotely with the dynamism of working in one of our offices, based on the operational needs of the position.
In this role, you'll work primarily from your B.C. home and occasionally in our Richmond office.
What you'll do
- Establish initial and long-term wages rate according to Workers Compensation Act and Board policies
- Review claims to identify missing and/or conflicting wage information
- Conduct thorough investigation of employment history and pattern of employment
- Gather employment, work pattern and earnings information
- Decide wage rate based on a weighing of all relevant evidence
- Communicate verbally and in writing to workers and other affected parties to ensure they are fully aware and understand the wage rate decisions
Is this a good fit for you?
We're looking for people who can:
- Organize, prioritize, and manage a high-volume workload in an environment that requires multi-tasking and includes frequent interruptions under the pressure of time constraints
- Listen, question and probe for relevant information in situations that can be sensitive, emotional and sometimes hostile, using tact and assertiveness
- Respond to workers and other affected parties in a caring, respectful, and objective manner in sensitive or difficult circumstances
- Clearly, concisely, and accurately explain complex information both verbally and in writing
- Perform mathematical calculation and analyze and calculate financial data accurately
- Convey unfavorable information while attempting to achieve a positive outcome
Your background and experience
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must type a minimum of 35 words per minute
Important to know
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
- Consent to a criminal record check
- Confirm you're legally entitled to work in Canada
WorkSafeBC's COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the "Policy") is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect.
Who we are
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We're honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province.
What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self.
Learn more: Discover who we are.
As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that help you get the most out of work - and life. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes:
- Defined benefit pension plan
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year, with regular increases based on years of service
- Health care and dental benefits
- Optional leave arrangements
- Development opportunities (tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and more)
Learn more: Find out what we offer.
Want to apply?
- Applications are welcomed immediately, however must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date.
- Please note that we will be starting assessments prior to the closing date.
- We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.