Unified Communication Specialist III
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Richmond, BC
Deadline date : January 31, 2023
Want to use your expertise in the field of Enterprise Communication, Collaboration, and cloud management to help evolve set technologies that automate and unify human and device communications? Do you thrive on working with fellow Innovation & Technology professionals in designing and implementing organization wide decisions that will enhance human communications by reducing latency, managing flows, and eliminating device and media dependencies? As a Unified Communication Specialist III within our organization, you'll do just that!
Your work will have a direct and positive impact on the lives of British Columbians in helping them connect to healthy and safe workplaces - providing support for injury prevention programs, rehabilitation services, workplace insurance, and strong health and safety cultures.
We've adopted a hybrid model offering opportunities to work remotely within BC and onsite based on the operational needs of the position.
As a unified communication specialist III you will:
- Lead the definition of the Enterprise Communication and Collaboration strategy as it relates to Hybrid and cloud communications framework
- Implementation of M365, Cloud based voice and supporting technologies to optimize management of cloud infrastructure and the delivery of reliable communications technologies.
- Administer and maintain function of the Unified Communications department on enterprise class Communications and Collaboration technology solutions including: cloud consulting services for Microsoft 365, exchange hybrid and M365 exchange, PSTN, SIP, PBX, Analog, DIDs voice configurations, DNS, Intune MDM and MAM and more.
- Research and assessment of the impact of new tools, techniques for the management of Communication and Collaboration infrastructure delivery and all associated components and where required provides cost/benefit summary
- Establishing and developing the hybrid cloud and cloud infrastructure standards for Enterprise Communication technologies
- Designing applicable training and support for users and/or advanced technical documentation for support purposes
- Organizing and guiding the required testing and implementation of releases, enhancements of applications, features and procedures
We're looking for someone who can:
- Lead proof of concepts for new Enterprise Communication and Collaboration hybrid and cloud technologies that will enhance our current reference architecture to deliver solutions faster or in a more cost-effective manner
- Troubleshoots and analyzes configuration performance and availability issues in the cloud Collaboration and Communication environment
- Evaluates fit to WorkSafeBC and corresponding value by proactively expanding knowledge of industry trends, vendor roadmaps and applying that knowledge
- Participates and assists in setting the long-term direction, roadmaps, and standards for technical solutions, ensuring they align to the overall enterprise architecture
- Influences Innovation and Technology team's technical capabilities and needs to provide performance and skills development input, potentially coaching to improve understanding of patterns and practices
- Acts as Core member of WorkSafeBC's Innovation and Technology team and key contributor and subject matter expert on Unified Communication infrastructure management
Your experience and educational background:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- A minimum of 9 years' experience in progressively complex roles within a professional IT environment with primary focus of the last four years being with Unified Communications and cloud technologies.
- We'll consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applications are welcomed immediately, but must be received no later than the closing date of the posting by 4:30 PM (PST)
You will be required to successfully meet WorkSafeBC's requirements with regards to a criminal record clearance.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email the HR Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application.
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
WorkSafeBC's COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the "Policy") is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary starting from $91,000 per annum, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life.
WorkSafeBC has adopted a hybrid model offering opportunities to work remotely and onsite based on the operational needs of the position.
Learn more about what we offer.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/63c7240f6e6b82fae8c3b1e7/5c896da701536405b1f39fb3/en