Our Kelowna area office is looking for two detail-oriented Office Assistants with good customer service skills to perform a variety of intermediate clerical and administrative duties. If you're a self-starter and enjoy a day providing assistance to internal and external clients, plus varied administrative work, consider joining us for this permanent opportunity.
This position requires full-time onsite attendance at our Kelowna office.
What you'll do
- Look after the front desk reception and undertake clerical duties including filing, emailing, scanning, receiving phone calls, providing general information, taking messages, forwarding calls as appropriate, and receiving and directing visitors
- Obtain and document information from claimants, employers, or other parties
- Type a variety of materials such as correspondence, forms, reports, and material involving technical and industrial terminology
- Maintain files and distribute materials as required
- Receive, sort, and forward mail as required
Is this a good fit for you?
We're looking for someone who can:
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Obtain and record information both orally and in writing
- Demonstrate attention to detail
Your background and experience
- A minimum of grade 12 education
- Recent, related work experience in an administrative role
- Use Microsoft Word proficiently
- Type a minimum of 35 words per minute
Important to know
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
- Consent to a criminal record check
- Confirm you're legally entitled to work in Canada
WorkSafeBC's COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the "Policy") is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect.
Who we are
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We're honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province.
What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self.
Learn more: Discover who we are.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary of $23.11/hour, your total compensation package may include vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. We also offer continuous learning opportunities, leadership development programs, and tuition reimbursement to make your career at WorkSafeBC rewarding. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work - and life.
Learn more: Find out what we offer.
Want to apply?
- Applications are welcomed immediately, however must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date.
- Please note that we will be starting assessments prior to the closing date.
- We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.