Svante is a purpose-driven, rapidly growing clean technology company based in Burnaby, BC, Canada, and we're on a mission to help the world reach net zero with filters and machines that capture and remove CO2 from industrial emissions and the air.
We're a collaborative, diverse group of people who care about the planet and, through our collective experience and expertise, are working to make an impact on climate change.
If you value a culture that welcomes and includes everyone, and you want to be a part of a growing technology company that's going to change the world, you've come to the right place.
The Role: Health, Safety, Environment, and Community (HSEC) Coordinator:
The HSEC Coordinator would be responsible for working with the HSEC Team to support all HSEC initiatives and coordination of activities. The HSEC Coordinator would assist with ensuring compliance with all, Health, Safety and Environmental regulations and would be responsible for the collection and organization of data, document management and HSEC event planning. In addition, they will be responsible for organizing HSEC related training sessions and rollout of programs.
This position is a permanent full-time role based out of the Svante Corporate head office in Burnaby reporting to the VP HSEC. Career path development available within the HSEC team through continued learning.
- Organization of data management systems and record keeping.
- Managing ongoing HSEC programs.
- Gathers and correlates basic information using established and well-defined procedures.
- Assist with injury management and Workers Compensation claims.
- Responsible for HSEC clerical duties.
- Assist in HSEC training and education scheduling.
- Provides coordination for HSEC teams.
- Coordinates HSEC inspections.
- Coordinate and manage facility recycling program.
- Support environmental compliance programs related to ESG.
- Participate in the company positive incentive program.
- Proactively engages and supports all aspects related to 3rd party prequalification programing (Avetta, ISNetworld).
- Proactively engages and supports the Svante Cloud based safety programing.
- Proactively engages and supports the OSSE and SECOR program initiatives.
- Liaise with facilities department to ensure fire regulations are met and assist with the coordination of evacuation drills.
- Assists in developing a Zero Harm safety culture.
- Assists in the development of a risk-based awareness programing.
- 1-5 years of experience in program coordination, preferred within either Occupational Health and Safety, Event planning and/or Data management and data gathering.
- Experience and working knowledge of Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Communication skills are important in this position. Professionalism is required.
- Must be a team player and committed to zero harm in the workplace.
- First Aid Certification preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.