Who are we?
Svante is a purpose-driven, rapidly growing clean technology company based in Burnaby, BC, Canada, and we're on a mission to help the world reach net zero with filters and machines that capture and remove CO2 from industrial emissions and the air.
We're a collaborative, diverse group of people who care about the planet and, through our collective experience and expertise, are working to make an impact on climate change.
If you value a culture that welcomes and includes everyone, and you want to be a part of a growing technology company that's going to change the world, you've come to the right place.
The Role: Senior Planner/Scheduler
- Product Development
- EPC Projects
- Internal and External Projects
- Establish cross-discipline relationships within the business group to facilitate planning/scheduling.
- Understand emerging business requirements and implications for planning/scheduling.
- Provide planning/scheduling leadership on project teams. Advice and counsel in areas of expertise.
- Actively review and thoroughly understand all aspects of the proposal or project contract. Define, document, and execute the strategy and plan for planning/scheduling activities that supports the overall proposal strategy or project requirements.
- Develop, via a top-down approach, project work plans and schedules that support the project/business group work processes and milestones Familiar with pull planning procedure
- Baseline and issue network-logic-driven schedules that meet the needs of and are used by project team.
- Update schedules with actual progress and forecast remaining durations, milestones, and completion dates.
- Prepare schedule risk analysis to forecast schedule contingencies and related cost impacts. Support contingency management.
- Develop accurate and timely project resource forecasts with the participation of lead staff and project management. Prepare and issue schedule analysis narratives including recommendations for corrective actions for use by the project team to manage the work.
- Monitor earned value systems that accurately measure progress and performance. Analyze the data to lead project controls staff and the project team. Understand earned-value concepts and terms.
- Create and issue Schedule status reports, identify critical path and define corrective actions.
- Must have current and relevant EPC, Infrastructure and Production experience.
- At least 10+ years of Planning / Scheduling experience.
- A good understanding of building construction, timelines, and practices.
- Experience Working inside the Primavera (P6) and Microsoft Project Control tools.
- Proficiency with Scheduling systems spreadsheets, word processing software, databases and report writers.
- Bachelor's Degree in construction management, Engineering, Project Management, or related technical field.
- Experience with EVM (Earned Value Management).
- Active membership in AACE, PMI, or similar association will consider as an asset.
- AACE PSP or PMI-SP certification a plus.
- Ability to develop cost/schedule analysis presentations; graphically, written, and verbally.
- Strong communication skills and understanding of technical terminology.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.