Who are we?
Svante is a purpose-driven, rapidly growing clean technology company based in Burnaby, BC, Canada, and we're on a mission to help the world reach net zero with filters and machines that capture and remove CO2 from industrial emissions and the air.
We're a collaborative, diverse group of people who care about the planet and, through our collective experience and expertise, are working to make an impact on climate change.
If you value a culture that welcomes and includes everyone, and you want to be a part of a growing technology company that's going to change the world, you've come to the right place.
The Role: Project Document Control Specialist
Who are you?
The Project Document Control Specialist is a key position responsible for the overall consistency of the Internal and External Svante Projects document production, sorting, monitoring and ensures that the company project document management system, PDMS (e.g., design drawings, design documents, schedules, estimate, reports, procedures, work instructions, forms, records etc.) are
adequately approved, monitored, controlled, sorted and maintained. Additionally, the Project Document Control Specialist is responsible for performing tasks to related to the continuous
improvement of the projects document management system for all Svante Internal & External Projects.
The Projects Document Control Specialist must be a highly analytical and organized with strong communication skill , someone who can thrive in a fast-paced environment, as well as someone who
works well in a collaborative and team-oriented workplace.
- Enterprise Quality
- Supply Chain
- Product Design
- Enterprise Quality
- Supply Chain
- Project Management
- Ensuring all documentation meets formal requirements and required standards.
- Following and improving document control procedures.
- Administer the enterprise-wide project document management systems and related procedures that allow the organization to capture, store, retrieve and share.
- Create and/or revise procedures, work instructions, forms, technical and project reports and datasheets.
- Ensure security of system and integrity of master documents by maintain document and system access rights and revision controls.
- Assist the Corporate Projects Controls Manager and support with all type documents management.
- Serve as subject matter expert providing oversight and continual improvement of our project document and reports management system.
- Guide matrix & cross functional teams in good documentation practices.
- Organize files in folders, updating metadata information such as due sates or status of the file and storing files in the correct location as required.
- Assist the project management and project team in all matters relative to project documents and the control and distribution of the documents.
- Assist with Special Projects as assigned by management. Special Projects may include tasks such as project management, continuous improvement programs and assisting with new document management systems (PDMS) implementation.
- Comply with policies and procedures as specified in the Svante Employee Policy Manual and Project Management System.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or project related field (Associate and/or other experience will be considered in place of degree).
- At least four years previous document control experience in an engineering, construction or technical office preferred.
- Knowledge of most effective techniques for organizing documentation.
- Strong communication and organization skills both verbal and written.
- Customer service oriented with demonstrated ability to work with matrix organization.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and other form.
- Microsoft Office Applications experience.
- Familiar with Microsoft base document control system and/or ProjectWise.
- Must naturally espouse Svante values and belief in our Goals and Objectives.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving skills in a collaborative manner.
- Must possess excellent active-listening skills and be able to work with people of very different skills and background.
- Ability to work well with matrix organization and diverse groups of corporate stakeholders.
- Highly focus on deliverables.
- High level of initiative.
- Strong attention to detail.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.