At ICBC, it's our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
Job Title: Developer - Intermediate
Reference Number: 117419
Location: North Vancouver
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours of Work: 7.5 hr Day Shift (M-F)
Posted Date: 2023/03/03
ICBC is committed to delivering consistently high quality customer service to all British Columbians. If you are reliable and dependable, we welcome you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The Information Services Division is currently looking for Intermediate Developers to join our applications teams. In this position, you will take on the integral role of enhancing and maintaining the online tools our teams, partners and customers use on a daily basis. You will have a chance to use your skills in the areas of web and mobile friendly development, testing and deployment.
As an Intermediate Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Providing technical expertise while managing and leading medium to high complex work for the design, configuration,development, and delivery of software applications
- Investigation and resolution of production problems related to the applications
- Providing estimates for business cases, impact assessments, projects and action requests in response to requests fromBusiness Systems Analysts or Team Leads
- Develop automation methods, identify performance and system capacity requirements, and implement development tools to gain efficiencies with application development and operational support
- Review and check the work of junior developers.
This position will require someone who has 3-5 years of relevant hands-on experience or a combination of relevant post-secondary education in computer science and related business experience. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Advanced experience in Java/C#/C++, SQL/Oracle, XML, data modelling, version control tools (e.g. SVN, GitHub), JIRA, web development, ITSM tools (e.g. HPSM, ServiceNow)
- Advanced knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Experience with Dev-Ops, build and release management, migration methodology and related toolsets (e.g. Jenkins, SPLUNK etc.)
- Hands on experience with unit testing, functional testing, automated testing and application debugging techniques
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture including hands on experience with web services including REST API, queuesincluding MQ, sync/async messaging
- Demonstrated ownership with design of components for enterprise applications.
- Exposure to security frameworks (e.g. authentication - LDAP, AD)
- Experience defining/implementing functional/non-functional requirements
- Experience performing production support including incident, problem and change management
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work without supervision and in a cross-functional team environment
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving and learning agility
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete multiple concurrent tasks in an environment of changing deadlines, priorities andrequirements
- Experience in supervising and mentoring junior developers including code reviews and code refactoring
- Applied knowledge of best practices, methods and techniques of systems analysis and design to ensure effective applicationdesign
- Experience with Outsystems, Mobile application development or Delphi would be an asset.
What we offer :
- Competitive Salary & Benefits: We are committed to providing industry competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.- Salary : $75,087 to $81,258
- Hybrid of On-site and Working from Home: We offer flexible working arrangements as we continue to support our employees in balancing their career and family commitments.
- Hybrid Work : 2days from the office and 3 days from home
- COVID-19 safety protocols: We comply with WorkSafeBC and the health authorities of British Columbia to ensure your safetyand wellbeing.
- Engaging Culture: We promote an inclusive and diverse work environment Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position