Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world's most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It's a place where you can genuinely make an impact - and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
The Global Relay Bistro team is looking for a Kitchen Porter / Dishwasher to assist with the movement of food & beverage equipment/supplies throughout multiple floors in our Gastown office space. It can be a physically demanding job and may require lifting heavy objects, standing on your feet for long periods, and walking up and down stairs to access storage, supplies, and coolers.
You also be in charge of dishwashing and other miscellaneous tasks the Bistro team requires to execute daily breakfast and lunch services for our staff. This is an entry-level position with a nice mix of tasks and offers an opportunity to learn in a professional kitchen environment.
- Operate and maintain the dishwasher to ensure that all dishes, glassware, utensils, and pots are clean and sanitized
- Hand wash items that cannot be put through the sanitizer
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the kitchen and dining areas
- Assist with the preparation of food as needed
- Perform daily stocking to multiple floors Including but not limited to:
- Beverages and snacks
- Filling milk dispensers
- Plates and cutlery
- Supplies and condiments
- Maintain cleanliness of all surfaces throughout the day in the Lounge(s)
- Help manage the Lounge continental breakfast station (i.e. milk inventory or snacks)
- Assist with any upkeep of our rooftop patio setup/cleanup
- Organize and put away vendor deliveries in their proper storage areas
- Assist with weekly food & beverage inventory
- Help manage office lunch meeting requests (e.g. delivery and service for catered meetings and events)
- Follow health and safety regulations and company policies at all times
- Self-motivated and passionate about hospitality and food service
- Work experience in customer service, hospitality, or a similar role preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks at once
- Strong multitasking abilities and ability to meet daily deadlines
- Attention to detail and high standards for cleanliness and sanitation
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Serving it right certificate or willing to acquire
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there's no ceiling to what you can achieve. It's the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You'll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You'll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you'll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it's flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.