Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world's most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It's a place where you can genuinely make an impact - and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
We are looking for a full-time Senior Accountant to join our growing Finance & Accounting Team. This is an excellent opportunity for a person with experience in financial reporting, high analytical abilities, a willingness to learn, and great interpersonal skills to work in a team that is supporting a fast-growing business. The Senior Accountant will have the opportunity to scale with an internationally-growing business whose Finance & Accounting function is centralized here in Vancouver.
- Assisting the Manager, Financial Reporting with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated and statutory financial statements as well as reporting packages for key stakeholders
- Preparing monthly budget-to-actual variance analyses, including review of junior team members' analyses and liaising with various internal departments to obtain information as needed
- Assisting in the maintenance of the general ledger, including preparing and/or reviewing monthly reconciliations and performing month-end closing procedures
- Preparing and reviewing working papers required for annual financial statement audits
- Under the guidance of the Manager, Financial Reporting, mentoring, and developing a growing team of Corporate Accountants work as they complete month-end, reporting, and other tasks
- Assisting in the preparation of annual budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Leading the accurate accounting for revenue, deferred revenue, foreign exchange, debt, operating leases, and other complex transactions
- Reviewing and maintaining general ledger work papers and lead sheets, including: deferred revenue, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and fixed asset sub-ledgers
- Performing comprehensive research on various accounting and tax matters
- Coaching and sharing of best practices with junior team members (e.g. Accounts Payable, Payroll, Billing)
- Participating in ad hoc accounting and tax projects, analyses and initiatives as and when required
- Other related duties, as needed
- Qualified professional accountant (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) or candidate pursuing a designation preferred, but not required
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an accounting department; experience in public practice or the software/tech industry in a subscription billing environment is an asset
- Familiarity with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities with experience in researching and preparing technical accounting memos
- Expert level Excel proficiency, with advanced knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and time-manage
- Impeccable accuracy with numbers and high attention to detail
- Excellent telephone etiquette and ability to write clear, concise and formal business communications
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion and to be entrusted with confidential information
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team with minimal supervision
- Proven experience in identifying and implementing accounting process improvements is an asset
- Familiarity with the Salesforce CRM system and cloud-based accounting applications is an asset
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there's no ceiling to what you can achieve. It's the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You'll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You'll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you'll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it's flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.