Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world's most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It's a place where you can genuinely make an impact - and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
The Billing Clerk is responsible for invoicing and processing payments for Global Relay's customers for a diverse suite of services. You will ensure that invoices and payments are posted completely, accurately, and on a timely basis. You will play an essential role supporting the Billing Operations team and will report to the Team Lead, Revenue & Receivables and Manager, Accounting - A/R & Billing. If you are motivated, willing to learn, and want to work and grow in a fast-paced environment, this is the job for you!
- Post cash receipts for cheque, electronic, and credit card payments and apply to customer accounts on a daily basis
- Investigate and resolve unapplied payments received from customers
- Deposit customer cheques using remote deposit capture and file according to company and bank policies
- Process one-time and recurring credit card payments using our online merchant gateway
- Complete invoices and credit notes for recurring and one-time services with accuracy and on a timely basis using information maintained within the Salesforce CRM application and internal databases
- Provide post-sales correspondence and assistance to customers' billing inquiries with a focus on exceptional customer service
- Answer customer phone calls and emails to resolve queries and questions and ensure cases are addressed on a timely basis
- Follow accounting policies and guidelines to ensure that revenues are recognized accurately
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to ensure complete, accurate, and timely billing for customers
- Perform other accounting duties and ad hoc tasks as required
- A minimum of 1-3 years' experience in an accounting or finance office environment
- Impeccable accuracy with numbers and high attention to detail
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency, prioritize work and meet objectives/deadlines
- Excellent telephone etiquette and ability to write clear and professional business communications
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion and to be entrusted with confidential information
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team with minimal supervision
- Post-secondary education in Accounting with a good understanding of financial terminology is an asset
- Familiarity or experience with the Salesforce CRM system and cloud-based applications is an asset
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there's no ceiling to what you can achieve. It's the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You'll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You'll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you'll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it's flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.