Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world's most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It's a place where you can genuinely make an impact - and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
Note: this role is carried out onsite at our Gastown office location.
We're looking for an energetic, detail-oriented individual with superb customer service skills to join our growing administration team. As an Office Assistant you will provide comprehensive administrative support to the daily processes and business operations of our fast-paced organization.
The role requires a resourceful individual who is energetic, adaptable, logical, tech-savvy, and works well independently but thrives in a team environment; someone who enjoys learning, building relationships, and possesses good business acumen.
The role may require you to work on statutory holidays.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Efficiently manage high volume telephone switchboard (50+ calls) in a professional manner
- Perform Reception and administrative duties such as:
- greeting and directing visitors/clients and contractors appropriately while adhering to office security procedures
- organize incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries
- data entry, filing, generate reports and presentations, and client file updates in Salesforce CRM and other software
- Manage office supplies, equipment and meeting facilities, including supplies inventory, ordering and distribution; invoice reconciliation
- Maintain office appearance and cleanliness; liaise with office janitorial and building maintenance for facility cleaning and repair
- Diploma/certificate in Office Administration, or relevant work experience
- Ability to speak and write English fluently and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with excellent telephone etiquette
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Exceptional time-management, organizational, and prioritizing skills with great attention to detail
- Strong work ethic with a willingness to multi-task and be flexible to take on varied responsibilities
- Ability and maturity to exercise tact and discretion, and can be entrusted with confidential information
- Good judgment to proactively and independently solve problems and make sound decisions
- Goal oriented self-starter who can work independently and reliably with minimal supervision and has an appetite for continuous learning
- Comfortable working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to handle challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- A friendly, "can-do" attitude and customer focused approach
Please note: submitting a cover letter in addition to your resume is highly encouraged for this role.
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there's no ceiling to what you can achieve. It's the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You'll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You'll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you'll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it's flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.