What's Bench? Check us out in Medium, Betakit, Financial Post, our Instagram, and our Life at Bench Blog.
We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xmkwym (Musqueam), Skwxwu7mesh (Squamish), and Slilwta/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between managing their books and running their businesses.
Our mission is to help every business owner thrive, by providing financial insight and peace of mind in one seamless platform. From creatives to chiropractors, Bench helps thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs master their financial lives. Because understanding your finances should be three things: simple, effortless, and affordable.
We're growing fast, and we're looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it's like to work at Bench and read more about our business here!
What does the recruitment team look like ?
We're a warm and caring bunch, who love to laugh and celebrate wins together, and who work really hard to make sure we're finding the right Benchmates fast! Our team is integral to Bench's success. We hire for every new Benchmate from volume, class based hiring up to Executive hiring - and everything in between. In 2022 we hired 350+ people and we're only going to get bigger. We're looking for someone who has a knack for thinking of new ways to find talent, and who is committed to providing an exceptional candidate experience from start to finish.
What makes this an exciting opportunity?
Of the 350+ people we hired last year, 130+ were high volume roles in our operations space - and as Bench grows, so does this number! ! Over the years we've built a strong hiring process and improved our pipelining, hiring, training and feedback loop for this group - but there's still more to do. We are developing an evergreen "Always On" hiring program and we're looking for someone to help build this program in close collaboration with our Snr Specialist, Operations Hiring. We'll be looking to you to cultivate relationships with candidates, to figure out the perfect candidate communication cadence, to build a 'buddy' program that will keep them engaged prior to starting, to work with external partners (universities; community partners) - and to do a whole lot more that we haven't even thought of yet!
What you'll get up to:
- Work with the Snr Specialist, Operations Hiring and People Business Partner to build an evergreen hiring engine for high volume Operations roles - providing guidance on all aspects of the hiring process. This includes hiring strategy, recruitment cycle timing, coaching and guidance on best practices, and compensation recommendations if needed.
- Consistently deliver a best-in-class experience to all candidates applying to these roles.
- Help uncover and articulate the unique employee value proposition for the Accounting Associate role.
- Act as a Bench brand ambassador, leveraging interpersonal interactions and technologies such as social media to communicate and evangelize our employee value proposition
- Utilize Greenhouse (Bench's current ATS) to build a talent community and manage candidate outreach, engagement, communication and pipelining.
- Work with the Snr Spec, Operations to develop internal assessment tools (benchmark grids, scoring matrices) to assist with hiring decisions
- Perform reach out and interviews to identify top talent
- Present offer packages to prospective candidates
- Participate in candidate engagement activities between offer and their first day on the job
- Participate in outreach recruitment strategies including career fairs, co-op and campus programs
- Involvement with various initiatives and projects focused on enhancing recruitment functionality, efficiency and productivity
- Perform other duties, as required
What you'll need:
- A people-centered approach: You understand that people are everything. You're collaborative, optimistic and you listen to understand
- A drive to make things better: You're not satisfied with "good enough", and nothing that needs fixing is just someone else's job. You love to experiment, and are excited to build something that hasn't been done at Bench before
- Strong computer skills, especially Google suite
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task, manage conflicting priorities and work independently to meet tight deadlines
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to manage candidates, stakeholders and external partners to achieve departmental and organizational objectives
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to use these skills to engage clients at all levels in the organization
- Proven ability to collaborate and to influence without direct authority
- Attention to detail is required to ensure reporting and administrative systems are accurate and current
- 2+ years full-cycle recruitment experience, ideally in a high volume environment
- Familiarity with an application tracking system, preferably Greenhouse.
What you'll get:
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. The salary range for this role is $54,000 - $60,000 per year, depending on experience,
- In addition, we offer an extended benefits package that includes paid vacation, paid flex days, stock options, and full health, dental, and vision.
- You'll get unlimited access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counseling service to support mental wellbeing and coaching for many of life's challenges.
- Bench has a number of Affinity Groups - groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- If you live in BC's Lower Mainland, you have the opportunity to work at home or in our downtown office location, depending on your preference! If you're interested in remote only, we currently focus our hiring efforts in the following provinces: British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia.
- We provide solutions to bring all teams together for collaboration and connection.
- Regardless of how many days you decide to visit the office, you'll have access to our Home Office Setup Fund to ensure that you have everything you need to work comfortably from home, from day one.
- You'll have the opportunity to work from somewhere other than your home province for up to 3 months, within a 12 month period.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you'd be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society-including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. If you are selected for an interview and require support during the process, including disability accommodation, we'll give you the opportunity to tell us when we contact you.