What's Bench? Check us out in Medium, Betakit, Financial Post, our Instagram, and our Life at Bench Blog.
We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xmkwym (Musqueam), Skwxwu7mesh (Squamish), and Slilwta/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between managing their books and running their businesses.
Our mission is to help every business owner thrive, by providing financial insight and peace of mind in one seamless platform. From creatives to chiropractors, Bench helps thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs master their financial lives. Because understanding your finances should be three things: simple, effortless, and affordable.
We're growing fast, and we're looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it's like to work at Bench and read more about our business here!
What does the People team look like?
The People team is one of the most critical functions in our business. We're obsessed with creating incredible experiences for our Benchmates. We're also serious about the development of our people and want Bench to be a place where you can catapult your career and make a real difference at the same time. As a People team, we're committed to delivering and managing an exceptional employee experience from beginning to end. We are incessantly curious about how we can continue to move the needle and elevate the Benchmate experience. To do that, we hold ourselves accountable to high standards and commit to continuously improve. This is where you come in.
The People Coordinator is a key member of the People team. You'll be pivotal to the growth and development of our People Operations team, enhancing our already exceptional Benchmate experience with your passion for people and your commitment to constant improvement of people processes and systems.
What you'll get up to:
- Enhancing Benchmate experience by promptly responding to service requests, creating documentation for things such as promotions, employment verification letters, secondments and leaves.
- Assisting with changes to employee information (from onboarding to moves, promotions, leaves and offboarding); ensuring a high degree and accuracy and completeness; this data forms the foundation of integrity for our People Team.
- Assisting with the delivery of an exceptional onboarding experience for our new Benchmates where they feel supported from day one.
- Support Benchmates in their offboarding process, including setting up and conducting exit interviews
- Collaborating closely with our Payroll team to ensure timely and accurate processing of employee data changes and updates (new hires, promotions, internal moves, and departures).
- Jumping into People Operations projects that spark your interest!
What you'll need:
- Entry level experience: Ideally you will have between 4 months to 1 years of experience in the people space, in either People Administration or Coordination.
- Have a people-centered approach: You are welcoming and love meeting new people. You're an active listener and understand the importance of listening to everyone's point of view.
- Strong attention to detail: you get that the details really matter. You're known as someone who catches the small but important detail errors.
- Prioritization champion : You're highly organized and know that prioritization and reprioritization are key to delivering in a fast-paced and ever changing start-up environment.
- You're resilient: You are comfortable with changing priorities and are willing to get stuck in to help wherever and whenever needed if it helps us make a difference for our Benchmates.
- Growth mindset:You have a desire to learn and want to be the driver of your own development. You are proactive in asking for help and advice when you need it and appreciate that feedback is a gift.
It could be an even better fit if you have:
- Experience with HR systems/tools: we use Greenhouse, Ultipro, Lattice, and JIRA
What you'll get:
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. The salary for this position is dependent on experience and is set at a range of $54,000 to $68,000 per annum, prorated for the duration of the contract.
- In addition, we offer an extended benefits package that includes paid vacation and full health, dental, and vision.
- You'll get unlimited access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- Bench has a number of Affinity Groups - groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- If you live in the Vancouver lower mainland area, you have the opportunity to work at home and in our downtown office location, depending on your preference! If you're interested in remote only, we currently focus our hiring efforts in the following provinces: British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia.
- We provide solutions to bring all teams together for collaboration and connection.
- Whether you get to use the office or if you work remotely, you'll have access to our Home Office Setup Fund to ensure that you have everything you need to work comfortably from home, from day one.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you'd be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society-including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don't stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.