What's Bench? Check us out in Medium, Betakit, Financial Post, our Instagram, and our Life at Bench Blog.
We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.
Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between managing their books and running their businesses.
Our mission is to help every business owner thrive, by providing financial insight and peace of mind in one seamless platform. From creatives to chiropractors, Bench helps thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs master their financial lives. Because understanding your finances should be three things: simple, effortless, and affordable.
We're growing fast, and we're looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it's like to work at Bench and read more about our business here !
More about the role:
We are passionate about delivering cutting-edge solutions that meet the needs of small business owners, and are looking for a talented and driven individual to join our team. We are seeking a highly motivated and organized Executive Assistant to support the CEO and provide top-notch administrative support to our growing organization. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, the ability to multitask and prioritize tasks efficiently, and a strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service. If you have a passion for providing exceptional administrative support, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to join our growing SaaS company.
What you'll get up to:
- Provide executive support to the CEO, including managing schedules, making travel arrangements, and handling confidential communications and information
- Act as the CEO's liaison with internal and external partners, including board of directors, investors, senior executives and leaders, employees, and customers
- Manage and prioritize incoming and outgoing correspondence including phone calls, emails, and mail
- Draft internal and external communications, including content for social media accounts, and ensure communications are consistent with the company's brand and messaging
- Monitor social media and draft responses to inquiries, comments and other interactions in a timely and professional manner
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, including preparation of agendas and meeting materials, setting up virtual meeting events, and taking and distributing meeting minutes
- Works with Bench board members and board member's Executive Assistants to schedule quarterly board meetings, audit committee meetings, compensation committee meetings, and bi-annual board calls, and other meetings as requested by the CEO.
- Event planning and coordination for company-wide events and off site meetings
- Arrange logistics for events, including venue selection, catering, and transportation
- Handle various administrative tasks, including tracking expenses, preparing reports, and maintaining files and databases
- Manage projects and initiatives as assigned by the CEO, including research, data analysis, and presentation preparation
- Attend business meetings and board meetings to gain an understanding of the business needs, helping to better inform prioritization of workload/scheduling
- Stay informed about current events and industry developments
What you'll need:
- 5+ years tech industry (preferably SaaS) experience as an Executive Assistant or similar role, supporting a high level executive in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to draft professional correspondence and reports
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and tact
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience managing social media and creating engaging content is a plus
What you'll get:
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. The salary range for this role is $70,800 - $86,680 per year, depending on experience,
- In addition, we offer an extended benefits package that includes paid vacation, paid flex days, stock options, and full health, dental, and vision.
- You'll get unlimited access to Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service, and access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing.
- Bench has a number of Affinity Groups - groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- If you live in BC's Lower Mainland, you have the opportunity to work at home and in our downtown office location, depending on your preference! For some roles, we do require folks to be in the office regularly. We'll be sure to outline expectations during the interview process.
- Whether you get to use the office or if you work remotely, you'll have access to our Home Office Setup Fund to ensure that you have everything you need to work comfortably from home, from day one.
- We currently focus our hiring efforts in the following provinces: British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia.
- You will also have the opportunity to work internationally for up to 90 days per calendar year.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you'd be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society-including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don't stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.