What's Bench? Check us out in Medium, Betakit, Financial Post, our Instagram, and our Life at Bench Blog.
We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.
Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between managing their books and running their businesses.
Our mission is to help every business owner thrive, by providing financial insight and peace of mind in one seamless platform. From creatives to chiropractors, Bench helps thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs master their financial lives. Because understanding your finances should be three things: simple, effortless, and affordable.We're growing fast, and we're looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it's like to work at Bench and read more about our business here!
What does the Channel Sales department look like?
At the core of it, Sales at Bench is a people-centric team focused on helping small business owners and entrepreneurs in the US. As an Account Executive, you will be instrumental in creating exceptional value in the lives of our clients, leading & mentoring Sales Development Reps on your team, and contributing to the revenue growth targets of Bench. Your genuine curiosity and drive to help people is what guides your approach to discover how Bench can be a part of their entrepreneurial journey.
You'll have targets to meet individually and revenue goals to hit as a team. These goals and targets should fuel your innate sense of grit and drive, and not satisfied with the Bench of today, you are excited to help create the Bench of tomorrow.
Channel Sales is one of Bench's newest but highest growth potential sales teams. Partner leads that require a custom sales process funnel into this small team of 7 people. The team ideates, experiments, creates, and then expands exciting new revenue funnels with the Bench Partnerships team.
If you're looking to gain experience building and expanding new revenue channels all the while making a real difference in people's lives, then you've come to the right place!
What you'll get up to:
- Build value throughout the sales funnel
- Quickly build and establish strong client, partner and team relationships
- Qualify leads to ensure Bench is the right fit for their bookkeeping & tax needs
- Set clear expectations for what the client's relationship with Bench will look like both in the short- and long-term to set them up for success
- Demo the Bench software and all relevant products
- Effectively manage a pipeline of leads and follow up as needed to optimize for conversion
- Act as a Mentor to the SDR on the Channel Sales team through coaching, call shadowing, training sessions, mock calls, and ad-hoc feedback sessions
- Bill clients and take clear, detailed notes in the CRM (Salesforce) about the client, their needs, and what was billed
- Meet and exceed all conversion and revenue targets
- Give strong feedback to the Bench Partnerships team on what's working and what's not in each Channel Sales process
- Take ownership over making these channels better and better over time
What you'll need:
- 1.5 + years of experience as a Sales Development Rep or other related sales role, with a proven track record of high performance
- You're someone who loves to takes risks: When an idea is new and unknown, you're not afraid to experiment and/or fail, learn, and iterate
- Ability to create an exceptional team culture: You inspire team members you engage with to consistently achieve greatness
- Ability to confidently and efficiently use and leverage all softwares in your day-to-day workflow (Salesforce, Salesloft, Slack, Ring Central, G Suite, etc)
- Understanding of individual and team targets and the various levers to achieve these goals
- You're comfortable sharing your knowledge and are consistently working to help other team members level up and develop their sales-related skills
- You're someone who craves both positive and constructive feedback and immediately actions it
- Accountability for consistently managing your pipeline
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize your workload in relation to your role and mentor others
It could be an even better fit if you:
- 6 months in a closing role, preferably in a SaaS Sales environment
What you'll get:
- At Bench, we share information freely and openly whenever possible. All Account Executives joining the team will start with on-target earnings (OTE) of $79,000; most reps are outperforming these on-target earnings.
- A component of these earnings is made up of variable pay which is uncapped. This means that there is no limit to your performance and thus your earnings.
- In addition, we offer an extended benefits package that includes paid vacation, unlimited paid flex days, stock options and full health, dental, and vision.
- You'll get unlimited access to Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service, and access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing.
- You will have the support of your manager, and the opportunity to learn and develop by working with a team of unconventional & diverse Benchmates, who are all working together to achieve the same mission.
- We have a number of Affinity Groups - groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- If you live in BC's Lower Mainland, you have the opportunity to work at home and in our downtown office location, depending on your preference! For some roles, we do require folks to be in the office regularly. We'll be sure to outline expectations during the interview process.
- For folks working fully remote, we will provide additional solutions to bring teams together for collaboration and connection.
- Whether you get to use the office or if you work remotely, you'll have access to our Home Office Setup Fund to ensure that you have everything you need to work comfortably from home, from day one.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you'd be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society-including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. If you are selected for an interview and require support during the process, including disability accommodation, we'll give you the opportunity to tell us when we contact you.