What's Bench? Check us out in Medium, Betakit, Financial Post, our Instagram, and our Life at Bench Blog.
We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.
Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between managing their books and running their businesses.
Our mission is to help every business owner thrive, by providing financial insight and peace of mind in one seamless platform. From creatives to chiropractors, Bench helps thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs master their financial lives. Because understanding your finances should be three things: simple, effortless, and affordable.
We're growing fast, and we're looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it's like to work at Bench and read more about our business here!
What does the Sales team look like?
At it's core - sales at Bench is on the frontline of helping Small Business owners thrive. We deeply care about the success of our clients & can communicate the benefit of having actionable financial insights. As a team lead, you will assist your reps in realizing their own potential through meaningful coaching, training & performance management. A team lead deeply cares about their people and knows how to empower their exceptional people to do exceptional things.
As part of our largest revenue team, you will have the incredible opportunity & responsibility to support Bench's growth - and will be an integral part of our Sales Leadership team.
If you're looking to make a real impact in people's lives - you've come to the right place.
What you'll get up to:
- Lead and manage your team to provide outstanding service to their lead portfolio, while meeting all productivity, quality and financial goals of Bench. This is including, but not limited to:
- Ensuring responsiveness SLAs are hit for every lead
- Managing cadence process completion on a per rep, per lead basis
- Providing call scoring & call shadowing for every rep on weekly basis
- Responsible for performance management of each rep & ensure they are hitting weekly & monthly sales targets
- Giving high quality & actionable feedback that leads to results
- Ensure data is accurately captured in CRM/system databases
- Provide on call support
- Train and coach Sales reps to ensure all team members have the most current understanding of the Bench product, process & system
- Be a key member of the Sales Leadership team; including, but not limited to, supporting capacity planning, training, recruiting, and managing Sales team performance
- Work cross-functionally with other teams at Bench to support our clients & other teammates
What you'll need:
- You have been working in a sales leadership role for at least 1 year.
- You make building relationships with prospects a priority. You understand that the satisfaction of our clients is the lifeblood of Bench, and you are committed to upholding this amongst your team. In addition, you understand what role the Sales team plays as the front line of setting client expectations.
- You are a skilled communicator who can effectively educate, empathize with and, where necessary, challenge our clients while guiding them to a buying decision.
- You consistently meet or exceed your sales targets, while ensuring all of your Sales metrics are kept in balance. You also support your mentees' in doing the same.
- You exemplify the qualities of a great leader and are excited to continue building upon those skills as a Team Lead. Your current Team Lead/Manager can only sing your praises in this capacity!
- You demonstrate a sincere passion for challenging, mentoring, and developing your teammates.You connect with your teammates on a personal level and the relationships you build with them help you to unlock their potential.
- You are a champion of pipeline management and embody the best practices to ensure no lead is left behind. Your day is strategically organized to ensure all of your responsibilities as a sales rep are met.
- You are highly motivated, proactive, comfortable with change and ambiguity. You have a humble, team-player attitude and are ready to pitch in wherever you are needed most.
What you'll get:
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. The On Target Earnings (OTE) range for this role is $73,520 to $91,900with a component of these earnings made up of variable pay.
- In addition, we offer an extended benefits package that includes paid vacation, unlimited paid flex days, stock options and full health, dental, and vision.
- You'll get unlimited access to Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service, and access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing.
- You will have the support of your manager, and the opportunity to learn and develop by working with a team of unconventional & diverse Benchmates, who are all working together to achieve the same mission.
- We have a number of Affinity Groups - groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- If you live in BC's Lower Mainland, you have the opportunity to work at home and in our downtown office location, depending on your preference! For some roles, we do require folks to be in the office regularly. We'll be sure to outline expectations during the interview process.
- Whether you use the office space as part of a hybrid model or if you work remotely, you'll have access to our Home Office Setup Fund to ensure that you have everything you need to work comfortably from home, from day one.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you'd be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society-including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don't stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.