Ministry of Health
IT Operations Manager $82,578.37 - $94,300.04 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
The Ministry's Data Management and Stewardship branch, Data Warehouse Services (DWS) team operates and maintains the Ministry's corporate data warehouse, Healthideas, the principal data and analytics platform supporting the Ministry and health sector's needs.
The IT Operations Manager plays a critical role in ensuring the effective ongoing operation and maintenance of Healthideas and associated infrastructure. A primary focus of the position is ensuring that HealthIdeas remains available, reliable, and sustainable while meeting evolving partner business requirements. Position responsibilities include the development, documentation and oversight of processes and communications related to the day-to-day operation of HealthIdeas, in alignment with industry best practices for service management.
The successful candidate will leverage communication and engagement skills while working with technical operational staff and will manage a team of technical business analysts. The position will fill the role of Chair for the Change Advisory Board (CAB), managing the approvals and financial impact of changes. Changes within the production environment, and adherence to documented and clear processes associated with those changes, will be a particular focus of the position.
The ideal candidate will be process oriented, have a technical background, and experience overseeing an operational IT environment, including leading teams to positive and successful outcomes.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Health Informatics or other related discipline and a minimum of 2-years of related experience; OR
- Diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Health Informatics or other related discipline and a minimum of 5-years of related experience; OR
- Certificate in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Health Informatics or other related discipline and a minimum of 7-years of related experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Related experience must include:
- Experience working with clients to improve operational services.
- Experience liaising between technical and business staff.
- Experience in evaluating existing technical processes with the expectation of streamlining and improving them
- Experience in presenting status of technical implementation / issues to stakeholders
- Experience collecting and composing business requirements on complex projects and translating them to technical requirement.
- Managing IM/IT contracted services and performing Qualified Receivership on technical deliverables
For more information, and to apply online by February 27, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/96689